Monday, March 16, 2009

Surrendering Influence

Tonight is one of those nights where the truth I believe in, the truth I know, clashes with the truth that I experience in my waking hours. Tonight is one of those nights where the screaming and the cussing, the backbiting and the gossiping, finds its way to cut the skin of memories. My keepsakes. My treasured moments. Tonight is one of those nights where I am reminded, in the final analysis, you will always be alone.

When all thoughts become muffled and unclear, I go back to the one thing that helps me hear a little bit more clearly.

Music.

Over the years I have written songs for private reflection. For private sharing. And at most times, the words I weave with melody are the most honest expressions my soul can ever muster. I listen to them tonight to remind myself of who I am. Without those who claimed to have influence over me. For my songs were never influenced by anybody else but God.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't have time to reflect and give your blog / words the time they deserve. So, I will be back soon. Most importantly, continue seeking all that is GO(o)D and Nature(al).