Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Alley

I've been walking this alley for last couple of weekends now. This is the alley that leads to Rainier's house. I like how it is haunting and dark like that. Rainier's house is just to the right of the lamp post. There is a little gate that leads in. We hang out in the small cozy space just after the little gate. I took this shot last Friday night when we dropped by to supposedly meet them there.

Actually, I really took this shot to practice what Javi just taught me on aperture and shutter speed. Haha. I can't believe that I just got those things down after 3 years of having this camera.

Okay so I am resurrecting my photographer's eye for one purpose. Just to make it clear. It's to help me write better. I have no ambitions of being a photography expert because sometimes I think that taking stolen moments with a phone cam is still better. (Hehe).

This shot was a supposed exercise on learning how to gauge the amount of light that goes inside the lens. Apart from that, I just simply love the night glow that creates the eerie mood from a seemingly misty evening.


2 comments:

jang said...

I don't think I have the patience to learn all the technical stuff in professional photography... but imagine the possibilities.

Interesing photo. Very sci-fi :)

katherina said...

haha. i just finished reading I-MAG. the technicalities are actually quite interesting. well when they put into a more meaningful form than how it usually reads in manuals or tutorials, it becomes more interesting for me.