Thursday, October 23, 2008

Finding A Sidewalk to Breath

When you are exceedingly inhibited out of your wits (especially in the corporate world) there are those moments when you choose to play a little bit of hooky. The truth is, I have been wanting to just play hooky without having to feel guilty for the longest time. The repressions of artistic inclinations show when even on an idle work day, you begin to ache to be somewhere else aside from the four corners of my little office corner.

So I gave myself a break and succumbed to the hunger for liberation and decided to go out for a walk at 10am in the morning. I didn't know where I wanted to go. My first thought was to find a nearest magazine stand which I remember would be in RCBC Tower just a few blocks away from my building. They had a stall inside their food court that allowed for momentary reading. But when I walked out the building I was drawn somewhere else. I wandered aimlessly and decided to take some pictures with my Sony Ericsson phone camera. Walking the length of the street I ended up in a park.

What I relief, I told myself. What an exceedingly extreme relief. Sometimes when everything just needs to be let loose, all it takes is a little vacant space on a friendly sidewalk for my heart to rest. I'm quite glad I found one today.

More pictures in this album.

No comments: